Cycle-R is a registered charity based in the centre of Cannock, Staffordshire. The purpose of Cycle-R is fourfold:
- Through recycling donated bikes, we provide training, qualifications and work experience to long-term unemployed and youth groups of various types with the aim of actually getting them back to work.
- We provide low-cost, high quality refurbished bikes to low-income families and persons who may need them.
- We encourage cycling as a sport around Cannock, including the provision and maintenance of facilities for bicycling in and around Cannock.
- We support the ecology of Cannock Chase by providing recycling facilities for items that would otherwise be scrapped.
What Cycle-R Offers
- Training for both serious mechanics and ad-hoc training for enthusiasts.
- We sell bikes! We stock a wide range for all needs, from road bikes to mountain bikes and everything in between, and our prices start at just £35 for an adult bike!
- Full maintenance for any and all bikes in our professional workshop.
- We offer both new and refurbished parts and accessories for almost any bike at very competitive prices.
- Custom builds and refurbishment; do you have a project in mind? Perhaps you want a bicycle chopper. We can make your dreams come true (budget permitting, of course).
- We offer a range of bikes for leasing and rental from our High Green Court premises.
- Adapted bikes- Cycle-R, in conjunction with other organisations, offers a range of adapted bicycles for disabled users. These bikes are available for rent and purchase.
The Maintenance Process
Any bike brought in for maintenance is run through a full MOT first. This is a 60 point check covering every aspect of the bike; from this, Cycle-R will give an accurate price for what needs doing.
Cycle-R also offers standard maintenance packages to suit your needs and budgets. All work is covered by our no quibble guarantee.
Werewolf Bikes , which develops and builds specialty adapted bikes for disabled riders.
Chase Mountain Sports , which provides training and resources for extreme and dangerous sports.
Wheels for All
Additionally, Cycle-R is going to house Wheels for All’s Cannock centre.
Wheels for All is a nationally recognised charity initiative with over 50 branches across the country. The programme aims to embrace adults and children with disabilities and different needs, to engage in cycling activities using specially adapted cycles.
You can read more about Wheels for All on their website.